Rwui running on new server, Java 1.6 and Tomcat 6, or later, now required to run webapps created by Rwui.
Copy of Rwui, with older Java and Tomcat requirements for running the webapps it creates, still available at
http://xenakis.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/Rwui, but please note old version has not been updated with recent additions (on 20/06/12).
Window's users please note points 13.1 and 15.1 in the Help file.
A user friendly web interface for an R script means your script can be used by anyone, even if they have no knowledge of R.
Rwui creates web applications for you for
running R scripts.
All the code is generated automatically so that a
fully functional web interface for an R script can be downloaded and
up and running in a matter of minutes.
No extra scripting is required, not even HTML, it's all done for you.
If you have any questions or would like to be notified of changes to Rwui, please send an e-mail to with 'Rwui' in the subject line.
Features of web applications created by Rwui
- Whole range of input items available if required - text boxes, checkboxes, file upload etc.
- Facility for uploading of an arbitrary number of files (for example, microarray replicates).
- Facility for grouping uploaded files (for example, into 'Diseased' and 'Control' microarray data files).
- Results files displayed on results page and available for download.
- Results files can be e-mailed to the user.
- Interactive results files using image maps.
- Repeat analyses with different parameters and data files - new results added to results list, as a link to the corresponding results page.
- Real time progress information (text or graphical) displayed when running the application.
In order to use the completed web applications created by Rwui you
- A Java webserver such as Tomcat 6.0.35 or later.
- Java 1.6.0_31 or later
- R - a version compatible with your R script(s).
Using Rwui to create a web application for an R script simply involves:
- Entering details about your Rscript on a sequence of web pages.
- Rwui is quite flexible so you can backtrack, edit and insert, as you design your application.
- Rwui then generates the web application, which is Java based and platform independent.
- The application can be downloaded either as a .zip or .tgz file.
- Unpacked, the download contains all the source code and a .war file.
- Once the .war file is copied to the Tomcat webapps directory, the
application is ready to use.
- Application details are saved in an 'application definition file' for reuse and modification.